Monday, September 23, 2013

The day before Day 1 -

Welcome to my blog! This is going to be a pretty lengthy first post, but here it is.

About Me -

My name is Caitlin, I'm 18 and engaged to a guy named Brad. He is 23. We have a son together who was born in February 2013. I am a part time cashier at Bi-Lo and Brad is a correctional officer. We barely make ends "meat" each month, and struggle all the time. Our bills are paid, but our bellies are empty, (sad but true). My son currently lives with my mom though until I also become a correctional officer, then we will be fine with money. But yeah, my little life is starting out increasingly hard, but hey, I'm getting through it. We tried to apply for food stamps, but they said he makes too much, and with me I can only get 30$ a month.. So I'm thinking about trying for it because that's 30$ of organic food. 

What is Real Food Eating? 

Real food eating is where you eat nothing but organic, whole food. And I mean NOTHING but it. No processed, no fake crap, nothing. Just the real plain jane food! For more information, I URGE you to check out this site - http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/

Why I'm Doing This -

I'm doing this because I for one, want to feel, and be healthy. I know that if I start eating healthier, my body and mind will start feeling better. Also, I have to lose this postpartum weight some how, right? I've also been trying to go organic, and basically vegetarians  for the past 6 / 7 months now, and I know this will lead me to the right track. All recipes, basically everything I'm doing is coming off of the website mentioned above. 

10 Day Pledge -

If you don't what that is, here is the link for it - http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/take-the-10-day-pledge/
Now, I won't be starting this right away, but it's something that I will, do want to try with in the next month or so, definitely before the year is over. 

What I'll be using/buying -

For my fresh produce I'll be using https://www.garysorganic.com/box-prices . The "Go Lite Box" is the cheapest, and I feel that will be enough for just me and my fiance, and it will provide what we need for the meals we will be eating. Since I haven't bought it yet, I'm not sure exactly how long it will last, but I'm hoping with freezing and what not, it can last for at least 2 weeks, that way we are only spending 66$ a month on fresh produce. I only want us to spend around 40$ a week on food, or less.
I will also be shopping at Bi-Lo because they do have a lot of organic products, and a lot of the times, it's on sale which is awesome! 

Budget - 

Like I stated earlier, I only want to spend 40$ or less a week. I get paid weekly, so that's good for me.
Plus, me and my fiance only eat about a meal, or two a day. (We can't afford to eat all 3 meals a day, everyday). I know that this is going to be completely impossible for the first few weeks since I need supplies to make home made meals from scratch, (hence another reason why the 10 day pledge isn't starting yet). 
As the days go on, and I start to slowly collect the things needed, my budget will be enforced. 

As for now .... -

Thank you for reading this. My fiance has NO CLUE that we are doing this. When he get's home tonight, he will though. LOL. Ah, tomorrow's shopping trip should be interesting... Thanks for reading, and I hope you subscribe so you can keep up to date with me! 

-Caitlin 



No comments:

Post a Comment